In Lisbon old town you will find these beautiful shops with hundred years of history! This is our top 10 for you to discover:
– Conserveira Nacional – the most beautiful cans of sardines, tuna and seafood you can find, and tasty too
– A Vida Portuguesa – traditional ceramic and glass as well as antique handcraft from Portugal
– Luvaria Ulisses – this shop sells perfect handmade leather gloves
– Hospital das Bonecas – dolls hospital , as the name says, they still save all kind of toys
– Chapelaria Azevedo – they sell the biggest variety of quality hats
– Confeitaria Nacional – this cafe deserved a visit for its wooden decoration
– Caza das Vellas Loreto – more than hundred years selling candles
– Café Nicola – open since XVIII century, this cafe was a meeting point for artists and writers
– A Brasileira – the most famous Portuguese poet Fernando Pessoa is still remembered in this cafe
And outside the center, in Belém,
– Pastéis de Belém – the original custard cakes, also known as Pasteis de Nata, are produced in this bakery, which also has beautiful white and blue tiles, azulejos.
In December Lisboa is even more beautiful: the city is dressed for Christmas! Check our prices and promotions!
There’s new things to do and see, all prepared for Christmas! The streets and squares get new lights and decorations, there’s Christmas choirs, circus and a Christmas Village in Parque Eduardo VII. There’s free concerts in churches, markets and many activities going on!
For the New Year’s Eve a stage is built in Terreiro do Paço, where there will be free concerts and firework.
If you are interested in visiting Museums or Monuments in Lisbon for FREE, we have good tips for you:
– Mosteiro dos Jerónimos and Torre de Belém (both World Heritage by UNESCO) as well as Azulejo Museum and National Coach Museum (Museu dos Coches) are FREE on first Sunday of the month (between 10am and 2pm) and on the other days, if you are a student or a Youth Card holder you have a 60% discount
Find out our top 5 beaches in Lisbon, Portugal. They are sandy, with clear water and safe waves! And for sure Lisbon has the best beaches for an European Capital!
The best beaches are located south from Lisbon, in Costa da Caparica, or in the west coast near Sintra.
Here some we recommend in Lisbon!
These are our Top 5:
– Praia da Morena in Costa da Caparica
It’s well-know by young people mostly because it has a very nice restaurante-bar called Borda d’Água. It’s perfect to stay until late and enjoy the beautiful sunset! There’s a mini-van that takes you to a BEACH DAY with pick-up!
– Praia da Ponte in Costa da Caparica
Costa da Caparica has 15 km of sand and sea, so you can walk or catch the beach-train that takes you along the coast until you reach the right beach. So if you arrive by bus, don’t stay in the beaches by the village, catch the beach-train, which runs until 7.30 pm, and go at least until Praia da Ponte.
– Praia do Creiro at Portinho da Arrábida
Not only the beach, with clear water, but also the mountain, which surrounds it, are gorgeous. The view from the mountain-road it’s breathtaking.
– Praia de Carcavelos
This is the easiest and the nearest beach to reach from Lisbon by public transports. It’s only 20 minutes by train from Station Cais do Sodré (but avoid it on weekends during July and August, too crowded).
– Praia do Guincho
Very beautiful beach with dunes and big waves, perfect for surf and windsurf.
You can catch the train until Cascais and than rent a bike or take a bus.
And for you, what are your favorites beaches? Maybe Praia da Adraga or Praia da Ursa near Sintra and more wild!
We also organize tours to the beach as well as surf classes, with pick up! Ask at the reception.